When will I be able to feel the baby move?

I'm 13 weeks today. How much longer should it be before I can feel the baby move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 18 to 20 weeks. I felt my son move when I was around 16 weeks but with this baby Im 20 weeks and just barley started to feel her move.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 9:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• There is no specific time table for when you will feel the baby. A lot of times with your first pregnancy you don't notice the "tickle". I was able to figure it out once I'd been feeling the tickle several days in a row in the same spot. I was 14 or 15 wks with my first, I'm almost 11wks right now with my 2nd & I started feeling the tickle last night. Strong kicks probably won't really begin until 18 to 20 wks though. Baby has to get big enough to make an impact.
    Anonymous

• Every pregnancy is different. With most of mine I felt the baby move between 3 and 4 months. Sometimes women feel it before but think it's like butterflies or gas...when it is actually the baby!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 10:13 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I'm 13 weeks too. I didn't feel my first 2 until about 20 weeks with each of them but it might be sooner this time because I am having twins. I guess it's different with every pregnancy.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It depends on the person and the pregnancy. Generally first time moms feel the baby later than moms who have already been pregnant. I personally felt my first at 15 weeks, my second at 12. I know a mom who never once felt her baby move but that is unusual. I think most women feel the baby move some time between weeks 18 and 22.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 8:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• usually around 16wks is when i felt my 1st child move and my second child i am prego with now i felt it move at 15wks so its all different.. ask ur dr and c what they say...
    mjsmom09

Answer by mjsmom09 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 23, 2009