Are there any pagan religions that are agnostic or atheist in nature?

I do not hold a personal belief in a god, but I do feel a connection to nature around me. Is there any kind of pagan religion I could look into?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there realy is only 2 neo-pagan or wicca. That is not however the ONLY nature related or based belief, that does not include the x-tain god.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 10:10 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• you might want to read about pantheism, and I am a non-theistic pagan. I've met pagans who'd told me they don't believe in their pantheon as literal entities but more as archetypes.
    check out the beliefnet's BELIEF-O-MATIC to find compatible belief systems to your own.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Read up on Taoism, too. It's way too much to sum up here without grossly oversimplifying it, but it sounds like you'd be interested.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• nature is God. i would ask for guidance , keep searching because you obviously believe in something.
    Anonymous

• Try starting HERE I think this will be very helpful to you and a good starting point..,

Good Luck in your search...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Most Pagans believe Nature is the Divine. The god/goddess thing is a more metaphorical/mythological way to understand & relate to it.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 2:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It depends on what you catergorize as "pagan"
    Some septs of Satanism are actually atheistic.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:33 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Shamanism
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 7:46 PM on Dec. 25, 2009