Would this be horrible?

If I got a cat, knowing how DH feels about them?
He gave in once last year when DD was small. The cat ended up acting out when DD started sitting up and crawling.
We gave the cat to one of DH's childless friends and he is great now!
Would it be horrible if I went out and got a cat. I have always had pets and I want my children to have the same experiance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Id get a dog instead they are better with kids. Goldens, labs, german shepards are some of the best dog for kids
    Anonymous

• If he doesn't want one, I really wouldn't suggest doing that. It would pretty much say to him that you don't respect his feelings at all. Maybe waiting until the child/ren are old enough, I obviously don't know the ages, but when children are old enough to help with a pets care, it is easier to convince a spouse who is against getting one to get one.
    Anonymous

• I personally think that's pretty lame to get a pet when the spouse doesn't want one.

Imagine it was you and some type of animal you wouldn't want in your home.

Keep talking to the hubby, maybe there is some sort of critter you can both agree on.
    Anonymous

• Couldn't that be said the opposite way too? Couldn't you be pretty lame NOT to let a pet in your home when you know your spouse wants one?
    Anonymous

• you should talk to him and find a pet you can agree on. i am allergic and dont like cats. if my dh brought one home i would make it an outside cat, end of story, even in the winter. i wouldnt deal with it. i am sure you guys can find something you can agree on being that there is a million different pets out there.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I have to agree with above answers. I think marriage is a partnership. It is rude to do something that your spouse is against. I would talk with him and meet in the middle on the subject.
    Anonymous

• I usually go with what my hubby says cuz I wouldn't want him going behind my back.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:28 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I personally think it's wrong to go behind your husband's back knowing how he feels about it. Either you two come to a comprimise on a pet, or you repsect his wishes and not get one. You wouldn't want your husband going behind your back either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My hubby said that he didn't want anything without a social security number and therefore, I never got an animal. I too grew up with animals (dogs). Since separating, I've gotten my kids two cats. While my kids love the cats, and are pretty responsible with keeping the litter box clean and food/water bowl full, they definitely prefer my girlfriend's dogs. If I lived in a house, I'd have dogs. I don't think you should get any animals until your husband agrees with you.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• not unless you are willing to give it at least a ten year commitment
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:17 PM on Dec. 22, 2009