Unemployment this week! What's up with it?

My husband has been on unemployment and has always filed on time and received his money on time. This week it was difficult to file, and now he finally filed Monday morning but when he went to check his status, it said he did not even have a claim. We rely on his be-weekly money, especially this week with the kids' gifts on lay away. What if the money does not go through? Is anyone else having a problem with uneployment filing and benefits? Pennsyvania to be exact?

mamofive

Asked by mamofive at 10:05 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Did you call? anytime I have a problem i call, yeah i wait for 30 minutes but it is worth it and normally easily fixed. if you have a local office you could also go down there. I didnt have a problem this week at all but I am in Oregon so it varies for each state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I live in Ky and my brother is having the same problem. we can't figure out why they haven't issued his check its like a week late now. thats weird. I hope it works out, if we hear anything I will come back and post it.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Companies layoff employees during the holidays so there are several more people filing for the next two weeks.
    Anonymous

• We are in PA. My DH had NO issues filing this week... So, I dunno what's up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2009