how to help sooth my daughters diaper rAsh?? is it just a normal rash?? plzz help

its her first one so i dont know what to do it is very red with bumbs an they have a clearish liquid coming out(not much just enough to see it) an i kp changing her diapers an putting desitin on it is there any other ideas to help sooth her pain??

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• leave the diaper off that is what I did, my DD had jaundice and none of the nurses told me that the poo would be highly acidic while on the billy light. So I was just wiping her little bottome like normal. Well we took her off the billy light and her bottom was bright red and she also had a hemangeoma which started bleeding. I was so mad no one told me, I kept her bottom out of diapers as much as possible and used A&D ointment on it or so patroleum jelly/vasoline works too. Anything that will help keep the poo and urine off her skin.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:44 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Sounds like it could be a fungal infection. My daughter got them when she was a baby. They don't go away, and they leak fluid. The doctor prescribed me tolifolinate cream(athletes foot cream)and never had a problem since. Even if it's not and you use it on her it won't hurt her at all. Do it soon before it gets worse, can't hurt.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Aquaphor BY FAR worked the best for my daughter. Also some time with her diaper off will help too.
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009