Do you cry when...

you see soldiers coming home and surprising their kids ( like at school or something...)

They always show it on the news here and I have to admit when I am in the need of a good cry I look up the videos on youtube.

I dont know why, I am really not even that emotional...my brother is in the Air Force, but I was like this before he even talked about joining..so i dont know why it gets to me the way it does.

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:24 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always cry. Especially when they show a solider meeting his child for the first time. I sob so hard when I see that.
    Anonymous

• aww. how beautiful is that???
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My husband is in the Army, so yes that definitely chokes me up :)
    Anonymous

• i do too and its good to know im not the only one
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I cry at the National Anthem so Yes I do cry when they come home. You'll be able to hear me when my son comes home!
    Anonymous

• I do, especially when I see it in person. I know I'm going to cry my eyes out when my husband gets home from this deployment it'll be the first time he'll be home for any length of time for the past year and a half. He'll finally get to know his son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Nope, im only emotional and cry in privacy. it makes me sad/ happy but i dont cry. FYI, my husband is in the army and no i didnt cry when he came home from R&R or Back from Iraq. its just how i am. not that i didnt care because I DID ALOT. Just not how i work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yes. i cry at everything. I cry when I watch Birthday or A Baby Story
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I cry over the military all the time at most of the things they do and go through. I also cry over their families.
    My husband has never gone to our children's schools when he came home from deployments, but he did come home a week early once and instead of letting me know so we could meet him and bring him home, he rented a car and drove home. The stinker rang the doorbell early in the morning before the girls even woke up for school and when I answered the door he was just standing there with a big ole grin on his face. I was so speechless I fell on my a$$. After we hugged and kissed and he explained how he came home I screamed for the girls to come downstairs and when they saw him from the top they ran down screaming "Daddy!" at the top of their lungs. I'm sure the neighbors woke up, but who cares. That was an awesome homecoming for us!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I always cry. I'm not married to a solidier, but there are many people in my family, or that I know that are or were military. Even still, it's a brave and selfless thing that they do. When i think about it, I get emotional.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2009