A neighbor SLAPPED my son!!!

My sons, James and Cody are 10 and 7 respectively. So, James goes out with his friends every other day, just outside on the street, and plays soccer and stuff. Cody tagged along today. They were just playing soccer when James accidently kicked the ball into a neighbor's yard. The ball didn't touch the car, flowers or anything and it fell on the lawn really gently. James went to pick it up when that neighbor came out of her house screaming at him. All the kids went a little closer and Cody said "we're sorry ma'am, but we didn't break anything. It's not that serious".

She told Cody to go close to her, he did it and he SLAPPED HIM!!! Then she said "that's to teach you not to be smartie pants on your elders". Another neighbor witnessed the whole thing and told me all about it so I know the boys are telling the truth.

What would you do?

All I want to do is kick her @ss!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Police, file an assault report
    Anonymous

• I know it sounds really extreme, but I would report it. Even if nothing happens to her now, if she does something more drastic in the future, than there will be a history to get her in trouble. That kind of behavior, especially from an adult, shouldn't be tolerated. It is never ok to slap a child in the face.
    pa_ool

Answer by pa_ool at 11:29 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• I would do what the first person said, call the police and file an assault report. She had no right to slap him no matter what age he is.
    Anonymous

• Salt her lawn.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:30 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Seriously? Do we need to call her an ambulance? WTF? Call the police and get this reported. I am not kidding. She assaulted a child in front of witnesses she is obviously a headcase and they need to know that.

Use the fingers attached to that arm of hers you've ripped off and beat her with to dial the phone....

I would be beyond livid! Is enraged more serious that livid? Holy crap....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:31 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• Salt her lawn.

My thoughts exactly!!
    Anonymous

• Report it and quick. I don't know what I'd do to her if it were my child.
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 11:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• crazy beotch!
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 11:33 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• It's NOT extreme in the least IMO and I'm a cop. I would want to get my hands on someone like that before she does something worse. I remember reading an article about a neighbour lady beating a child to death in his driveway over something like this. Please call the police. If not tonight then make sure you sit down and write everything out (doing it while you're angry helps - you remember more detail) for tomorrow or whenever you call them. Do NOT put this off though..do it ASAP.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:34 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• File charges

Answer by admckenzie at 11:35 PM on Dec. 22, 2009