Can you keep your eight year old little boy out of the ladie's locker room and use the family locker room?

So, at our gym we have 3 locker rooms. One is a(unisex) family locker room.Women are always bringing their boys into the women's locker room. They just stare and stare at all the women changing. I change in the bathroom stall for privacy. But I notice these women walking around totally nude while these little boys are just staring. How is this acceptable? It seems like a violation of privacy to the women who want to change in the womens locker room. I wouldn't want my little girl in the men's locker room watching men walk around nude with their junk bouncing around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Dec. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't want to undress in front of someone else's 8 year old son. And I wouldn't want someone undressing in front of my 9 year old son.

I certainly DO NOT want my 7 year old daughter in the men's locker room.
    Anonymous

• Thank you!! That's what I'm getting at. Especially when they offer a facility for families with children that are more private. It's like you want your privacy. I felt bad for the little boys. They looked really confused.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i have taken my two year old son into the womens locker room..but i think 4 and over should use the family locker room.

I totally agree with you...its just mean to the kids as well as everyone else.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Does your gym have an age policy for locker rooms? If not I'd talk to them about drafting one and enforcing it.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 12:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I must agree with you zorrokat. That's an awesome idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think that's totally wierd. I could understand if their was no family locker room. I wouldn't want to send an 8 yr old boy to the men's locker room by himself.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Her behavior is disrespectful to the other women and to her sons. Report her to management.
    donzgurl

Answer by donzgurl at 1:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Wow, there should totally be an age policy. That is too old to be in the wrong gender's locker room.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• No, its not acceptable, its very inconsiderate. I hate it when some mothers ignore the age limits and bring older boys into the locker room. My 15 yr old was mortified a few years back when she was seen naked by one of her good friend's younger brothers! The boy was way too old to be in the locker room and his mother should have known better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2009