do i have the right to be disappointed and mad?

my husband's parents has never done anything for mylil girl, nothing for my baby shower nothing at all and my family the only one that sends my lil girl is my mom and calls to talk to her and comes to see her.my dad got killed 2 weeks before i find out i was pregnant so my dad's side i havent talk to alot cuz of so problems we are a military family we dont have the money for all of us to fly home.. so my daughter has only seen my mom... my father in lawsays he has no money but he can fly to vegas but cant come see us its christmas now and nothing from him

so im scared my dd with grow up with no family iam so hurt about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband's dad & step mom never send our girls a thing..not even a b-day card. I figure its their lose. We go visit them once a year. They dont come here. I dont really care personally. Maybe I am jaded though, my family is not very close either. I figure we have each other & that is all we really need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I grew up with in a family where all we really had was eachother - family in-fighting destroyed all but a couple of both my mom and dads siblings and the ones we do still talk to we never see.

I grew up just fine. Before everything fell apart I remember watching my mom cry numerous times over the way my granny treated her so after my granddad passed a huge fight ended her contact with us.

Do what is best for your child. That's all you should worry about :) good luck
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my father didn't send my son anything for his birthday...i mean no card or a call or anything.. hasn't seen him since he was 2 months old(he is 2 yrs now) when i payed and flew down to see him for xmas. And i doubt we will get a xmas gift or card from him either...he didn't show for my wedding or send a card or email even...

I don't think you are wrong to be hurt and disappointed but know that your son does have family that loves him....you mother, you and your husband and he will be fine. Just keep being the great mom you are!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yes you have every right to feel emotions like that. However, realize that peoples personalitys are different. My husbands parents are a 1/2 hour away and complain every time we ask them to watch our boys. My parents are 3 hours away and would bend over backwards for us and our boys. I finally realized it's just the way my husbands family is. They're not changing, so you have to work on changing your expectations, as hard as that is- i know. :( Hope it gets better for you!
    amg27

Answer by amg27 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Your feelings are valid, but you cannot make grown people do what they don't want to do. Their actions show that they are uncaring people, so your daughter is better off that they are not in her life. It's their loss.
    donzgurl

Answer by donzgurl at 1:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yes you should be very upset. i would be too. it does hurt and you have every reason to be mad. i would cherish the times with your mom and daughter.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You always have a right to your feelings, whatever they are. They are never incorrect...only what you DO with them matters.

Your daughter WILL have a family...mom and dad. It's what she truly NEEDS. The rest is great, but she can do without if need be.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• you do have the right to be disappointed with them. But try not to worry about it too much anymore. it's their loss; who knows maybe after finding out that it doesn't bother you anymore , they might think about how they acted with the grandkids , and things will change. but if no change they don't care about your life , then you don't care about theirs either. It's a shame , but they are the one who chose to be lonely. gl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009