what would i need to entertain a 7 month old during a 7 hour trip on a bus?

i just am scared of DD crying all the way on the bus, i don't know what could make her comfy and entertained since she is so little and also because she already started crawling so she loves being on the floor, then to add more i am taking 2 big luggage, her stroller with the car seat, her diaper bag,my laptop and my purse =$

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep her on your lap, faced you, sing to her, talk to her, have books. nurse her, if you still breastfeed. i took my daughter on a 5 hour flight when she was 7 months old and my husband and I switched off. i don't know if you will be traveling without help? good luck either way. hope she is good for you.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i'm traveling all by myself, well just with the baby
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• it may be over-whelming for you, long trip...but, my daughter at 7 months was pretty good on the plane. i hope yours is good for you. GL
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• hopefully ,thank you
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Do you have one of those infant car seats that allow to leave the carrying handle up when you are driving? If so, you could put some soft toys on it. Just keep in mind not all seats allow this.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yes her carseat has that
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 12:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• ALOT OF PRAYER!! LOL A MP3 Player may be a good idea for those times when she may want a nap, allow her to listen to soft music even as she sleeps to keep the outside noise from bothering her to much.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've traveled alone with babies many times, often with other young children in tow. They were always nursing and that helped a lot. Bring toys that you don't care if you loose and snacks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2009