I asked this in a different section earlier but I really need some help with this

My 5yo DS has a weird obsession with bellys and bellybuttons I have walked in on him rewinding and replaying parts on cartoons pertaining to those body parts and touching himself and when his father and I try to talk to him about it he freaks out we don't yell or anything like that. I have walked in on him rubbing his belly on my duo maternity tags with pictures of bellys on them, He has drawn pictures of dora and her bellybutton and other weird pictures with bebellybuttons. Is this normal Have any of you experienced this with your child or have you dealt with a different weird obsession with your children? If so what did you do? I am kinda creeped out by this and I just hope he will be normal. I don't know what to do about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Does he think the belly is like a "private part?" From the way you described him, that's what it reminds me of. I don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Kis usually like bellies and belly buttons they like to explore there body, maybe he saw something on tv or from one of his movies, kids pick things up really quick, I wouldn't be too worried about it, maybe when he is playing with his belly try pointing out other body parts like his nose, ears eyes etc. and try wiggling your nose batting your eyelashes moving your ears, hope this makes sense
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think that it's most likely just a phase that he's going through. My daughter (5) is currently obsessed with her butt. She is always sticking it out and saying "smack it" I think it's cute, my hubby finds it disturbing. We're just ignoring it....it'll pass eventually...good luck.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my litle one is 18 months and loves messing with my belly button and elbows alll the time, sorry im not much help,. but it sounds normal to me.my nepew had an obsesion with hair
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think he's fine. Lots of kids get obsessed with wierd things, they pass in time. When we were little I remember, my brother had a "thing" for ladies legs in panty hose. When ever he got the chance he'd rub them! This, of course, totally embarrassed my mom, but it passed...at least I think it did, he's a grown man now, maybe I'll ask his wife if he still likes this?? lol
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 2:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yeah sounds liker this will pass to me. I don't think it's anything to worry about.gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2009