Would you say she is selfish ?

Anyone who has read most of my posts, know I have some crazy (extended) inlaws....My husbands sister is about 45 ...she has 6 kids, her youngest is like 16 ...and then she has another daughter ( and her 2 kids) who lives with her..right next to her her other kids live. ( they share a house) .... Anyways...all of her kids have kids...for christmas she decided she is going to Florida with her friend...she is not getting any of them christmas presents..which is weird I think because she just got like a $7,000 check ( for SSI ) ...all of her kids are upset because she is just leaving and she basically said F*** christmas....

at first I agreed with them and MIL that she was being kind of selfish...but then I realized she probably wants a break from all of those kids she has living with her lol

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hell, I"d be on the first plane out of town! I think THEY are the selfish ones. Where they all expecting big gifts cause she got a the money?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yeah sounds like she deserves a break. Poor lady. I think they're just mad they aren't getting presents!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I can see if from her kids point of view, they are probably use to her being around for christmas and doing the whole christmas thing with them, but I can totally see if from her point of view too. I don't blame her for wanting a break from all of that. I guess maybe she could have chosen the New year instead of Christmas, but maybe she has a reason for wanting to go at that time.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Selfish. She shouldn't have had so many kids if she couldn't handle being with them all the time.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Adult children should have their own lives and their parents have a right to their own life once they are out on their own. The only ones I would say she should be thinking of are the ones under 18. Other than that, everyone else needs to get a grip.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• When your kids are still living with you then yes it's all about the kids but when your kids have kids then Heck the women needs a frickin break.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• QUOTE: "...she has 6 kids, her youngest is like 16 ...and then she has another daughter ( and her 2 kids) who lives with her..right next to her her other kids live. ( they share a house) .... Anyways...all of her kids have kids.."

Her youngest child is 16 (may be 17 or 18) and ALL of her children have children. That means she has 6 adult children (or all but 1 adult child) & grands around 24/7. One daughter and 2 kids live with her and the other 5 kids and their kids live next door. The woman needs a break. Sounds like she realizes she made some errors in raising her kids who are obviously attached at the darn hip and they're vultures to boot since they don't care if their 45yo mother gets some much needed time for herself. What they care about is whether or not they get gifts. Seriously, we aren't talking about a mom with 6 kids with the oldest being 16. Her youngest is around 16 (may be 18?). That's a big difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sounds like she's selfless enough by letting those kids and their kids live with her, and I'm willing to bet she baby-sits for free for the ones who live next door, at the very least. I would appreciate the year-round help enough to not gripe about her taking a vacation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• She deserves a break. She is on SSI, so her income is very limited, she got a "big" check and decided to treat herself. She has kids and grandkids up her butt 24/7, I'm sure. Sounds like those kids need to get lives of their own and let their mom have something, anything for herself.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2009