Soldiers not permitted to get pregnant ?

Did anyone else read about this or see it on the news? What is your views on this? I am on the fence on this one..

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:12 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The punishment extends both to men and women who either impregnate or become pregnant while deployed. Soldiers are already NOT PERMITTED to have sex while deployed, the pregnancy bit is just actually redundant.

This is only while deployed, mind you. While not deployed, soldiers are allowed to become pregnant. I think that the army even covers fertility treatments, etc.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 11:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Why would you be on the fence? It's not the time or the place to be conceiving a child when in a war zone. Having sex while deployed is against the rules, plain and simple. If man or woman gets caught, they get reprimanded. If a woman gets pregnant, hello, it's pretty obvious they went against the rules. And then there are the people that have to deal with the reprimanding instead of focusing on more important things in a WAR zone.

If people don't like those rules, they shouldn't join. I tell my 6 yr old all the time, there are rules for a reason and it's not to take the fun out of everything!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 1:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's the right route. When you join up, you have essentially signed your body over to Uncle Sam and darned tootin' he gets a say in this.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• FYI, i just watched the news about 20 mins ago and the up to date news is its not a law yet. This is for Single soldiers (men and woman) who are deployed. they are not allowed to have sex and get the woman pregnant while DEPLOYED. Regardless of the type of MOS (job title) they do. My husband is a Mechanic and barely did anything out of the base in iraq. If he was a single soldier he isnt allowed to touch another woman. The only people who are allowed to have sex but use contraceptives are married soldiers who get deployed together and live together in the same room while deployed.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/national/79961122.html
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 2:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My understanding was it's only for those deployed. I agree with it, you don't need to be getting pregnant in a war zone. Both males & females should be concentrating on their mission. As far as pregnancy while CONUS, it can delay a woman's promotion because she'd be unable to complete things like a PT test.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I saw it, and I think it's great. We don't need pregnant soldiers out there fighting for us, or bailing, and leaving someone else to fill their spot. It should be a punishible offense. I want soldiers, dammit, not mommies out there.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sorry , but I don't think the armed forces and motherhood blend...you should be commited to either one or the other. I would never want to be pregnant in a war zone. If I was a mom, I would want to dedicate my time to my children, not split it up with a job that requires me to be in dangerous situations and far from home for yrs at a time. But that is just me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree with this

The punishment extends both to men and women who either impregnate or become pregnant while deployed. Soldiers are already NOT PERMITTED to have sex while deployed, the pregnancy bit is just actually redundant.

SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 1:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009