Anyone been to Disneyworld?

Okay so my husband and i set up a few savings account for my son when he was born, one of them was for a trip to Disneyworld. My son is now 5 and we are wanting to take him next year towards the end of July? so my questions is for anybody who has been there, how much do you think a trip like this will cost for a family of 2 adults and a child for 14 days, my plan is to go to disney parks for 7 days/ universal 3/ and cocoa beach 4. sure, ive done research but i want to know from somebody who has actually been there....we have around 8 thousand...but can easily work with a little more like 10 thousand.. What months is a good month and is 6 too young?...some of the things im not looking into doing are driving there myself, and making my own meals everyday...i want this to be everything he wants and more no limits to restaurants, shows, souvenirs, ect..

ANY HELP THANKS!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It really depends on a lot of different factors, such as where you will be staying. The hotels range from $200 to $400 a night for the nicer ones. It's been awhile since I went to Disney so I am sure the prices are more then when I was there, I would say close to $70 a day per person, but the more days you go the cheaper it gets per day. Food inside there is higher then normal. I think we paid $16 for 4 hotdogs. July is a bad time of the year to go, it is very crowded at that time of year, I suggest going in the off season. Lines are horrible if you go during the peak times, some can be 2 hours wait.
    We took my brother when he was 4 and he really don't remember much at all about going.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Like they stated above it really does depend on alot of stuff, but if you go to WDW.COM you can look at all your ticket and hotel options..July is crazy busy, Aug is a great time to go, also check out sites like allears.net and intercot.com for some awesome advice.. I am a disney freak,but it's really hard to give all tips and tricks in one post.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• ^^^ 8 is a good age to take them to amusement parks. Do a test run in a place near you to see how he will do a whole day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I took both of my children, by myself, to DisneyWorld when they were 3 and 6. They had a blast and the little one got to do quite a bit of rides. My daughter did not feel as if she missed anything because she went on all the rides she wanted. We were there from 9 am til 11pm. I would do it again and I'm hoping to do it this summer. We are originally from Florida so we are used to the heat. I would recommend looking or hotels that are just outside of Orlando since they may be a little cheaper. If your wanting to stay in Orlando, look on disneyworld.com and book a full trip thru there, it may end up being cheaper that way.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 10:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i am not really sure about price... but I went at 6 and can remember some of it now(i am 25). I went again at 10 and again at 15. I love disneyland. Before I met my dh he was deployed and took his kids there, they were 3 and 5. they still talk about it and remeber alot.. they are 5 and 7 now. I would agree with everyone about july-sept being super hot.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Coco beach is not worth the time. If you want to see a good beach, go to a beach on the gulf...not the atlantic. Coco beach is filled with sea weed & is a rocky beach. It's not worth the drive. I have friends that live there & would rather drive to go to a different beach.

If you want blue/green water & soft sandy beaches, trust me & go to the gulf shore.

Disney is not all that cracked up to be. You can spend anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 depending on where you stay, where you eat & all the activities you plan on doing.

Some advice? Sea World is probably one of the best places to visit in Orlando, along with Universal & MGM. We could have skipped Disney & not even cared.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• agreed, Dienwy in July is HORRIBLE! I would go between Feb-April....great weather!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I went every year until I was 7 and I remember none of it. I went once more when I was 11 and that trip I remember.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Try and find a package deal that'll cover the ticket for the parks and the hotel. Disney's pretty good about those. Six I think is the perfect age to go. He'll be tall enough for all the rides and young enough to still enjoy everything. I live in FL and worked at Disney World so it's been a long time since I paid to go there but I remember the deals always being pretty decent. Have fun!
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• it depends on where you stay or what airline you take or if you drive(if you are close enough) . This trip would be expensive no matter what but is well worth it! I go twice a year once to Disneyland and the other to Disney World. Also if you have the extra money i recommend to stay at one of the Disney hotels and to eat at any of the restaurants they are all amazing. i think your 6 year old would love we took our first son when he was 6 months and we went with my sis-in-law and now we have 3 kids my youngest being 5 months and we took all 3 of them earlier this month and we had the best time. My favorite month to go is December or November don't go during the summer it is really hot and usually more crowed than the other months.
    ScarletAva

Answer by ScarletAva at 5:18 PM on Dec. 24, 2009