Juices

What's the diffence in baby juice, and say the 100% juice type juices for us? I dont wnat to hear about how juice if bad for babies I just want to know if there is a big diffrence in them? I know some people say its nothing but sugar water but I still feel that it has some vitemen C in it and still have some vitemens in it. Is there a diffrence in Baby juice over REal 100% juices?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby juice is watered down already. Better off giving real fruit though, to be clear. Many more nutrients for the calories.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Not sure the diference but juice is good for babies it helps them poop, I never really liked the whole baby juice, too many small bottles and cost too much money, I gave my baby regular ol apple juice or whatever else
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My son had reg. apple juice also. They say make it 50/50 but i do 25% juice and 75% water if that. But he also loves fresh fruit.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It supposedly not quite as concentrated. But we buy regular carton juice and dilute it anyway. Apple and grape juice can be diluted loads and still be tasty. We give our 15 month old 1 part apple juice to 3 parts water. She LOVES it!
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Babies can have up to 4 ounces of juice a day according to the AAP. It should be fed in an open cup, not a bottle or sippy cup. The baby juice is already watered down. If the baby is over 6 months you don't have to dilute juice.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009