sippy cup?

At what age did you wean them from a bottle to a sippy cup?

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first was bottle fed and I got him onto a leak-proof beaker (sippy cup?) by 10 months.
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• first one at 14-15 months
    second I'm working on him now he is 13 months
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my son went straight from boob to sippy at 10 months. he didn't like regular sippy cups though, the straw ones weoked better for him.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My son didnt like the reg sippy cups either we used the straw ones at about 10m he still gets a night time bottle (i know bad mommy) but will stop that at the new year.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I started giving him a sippy cup at around 6 months so he could get used to it. We switched to a cup only at around a year.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You don't have to wean to a sippy cup, they can use both. Babies have strong sucking needs and can drink formula out of the bottle for the first 12 months. Since you are formula feeding you may want to start solids as early as 4 months. You can still feed regular food, not baby food. Your can offer your baby water from a cup or sippy cup while eating. The AAP recommends only 4 ounces of juice a day for babies and that it be given only in an open cup, no bottles or sippy cups.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009