How many co-sleeping mommies?

I just wanted to know how many mommies are co-sleepers? And curiosity as to why you decided to co-sleep?

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son slept with me until about a year. I did it because it was easier to breastfeed mainly but also because I wasn't able to spend a lot of time with him when he was little (full time job and student). I felt close to him when we slept together. However, it's been hard getting him to sleep in his own bed. He still wakes up in the middle of the night and gets in my bed.

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I co slept with all my babies, it just felt right and has always worked well with our kids, I also breastfed so that had a little to do with it. I loved waking up snuggled with my babies and my youngest is 5 and still climbs in bed with us in the middle of the night, she is so sweet and loves to snuggle right up and put my arm around her, i will truly miss it when she outgrows it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• she slept STRICTLY in her bassinet (right nest to the bed so we could see/touch her)the first 6-8 months (minus a few breakdowns the first week or so...lol) cuz i was TERRIFIED and takes naps with me or DH during the day sometimes. when she gets older, were gonna let her sleep in our bed when she really wants to. prob when she really starts walking alone DD's a yr old now.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 3:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• (fix. i was TERRIFIED of SIDS. like BAD>. i held a mirror at LEAST once a day to her mouth to see if she was breathing since i have 5 miscarriages before her so i was worried bad, but now im MUUUCH more laid back. i think with the next one, i migh sco sleep or get those bed attachment things....
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 3:38 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I co-sleep with my son. I hadn't planned on it, but after his stay in the NICU I just couldn't stand putting him in his crib (he couldn't stand it much either LOL). It also helps with nursing, especially since I only nurse at night. Hubby is trying to get him to sleep more in his crib now (he's 10wks) but I'm just not ready yet.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have co-slept w/ all 3 of my children. It started out just easier and I loved being close to my babies. also it is great while breastfeeding
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My son sleeps in my bed. Why? Because I'm a single mom an I love to snuggle up to him at night. It gives me peace of mind.
    ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 5:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I co-sleep some of the time. If he doesn't fall asleep, or needs nursed and I am too tired - it is just more convenient. I also like being near him, since with three other little ones I don't get a lot of time with him.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i knew he wasnt going to get up in the middle of the night! It was easier for me. And i'm so glad i did.
    SSSMOM025

Answer by SSSMOM025 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my lil girl is 18 months and will sleep with my until she is potty trained.she has a toddler bed for her naps in our room. it was easier to breastfeed and i think i was always worried about sids, hubby lost a daughter to sids when she was only 2 months old.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009