blood pressure question

Im 16 weeks pregnant my last appointment my blood pressure was slightly high. High blood pressure does run in my family and the doctor said that being pregnant doesnt help it lol
Im hoping when i go back in 3 weeks it will be back to normal. If you had high blood pressure in your pregnancy what happened? did u have to get on meds? anything go wrong in your pregnancy? its my first please anything helps thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was diagnosed with preclampsia when i was 29 wks. i had to take bp meds which didnt work well with me. i ended up having him 2wks early via c-section. idk y my body didnt like the meds. i hope urs is norm in 3wks! good luck!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• at 8 months with both of my pregnancies I was diagnosed with preclampsia...and both times because it got too high, I had to have emergency c-sections my first was 3 weeks early and my second was 4 weeks early.

As long as your DR monitors you, you should be fine

but this is also why I am too afriad to get pregnant again.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• precamplsia is something that can happen, hopefull it won't. ( i had it with my first) Try increasing your magnesium intake and drinking lots of water. Also look into the brewers diet. Exercise will help also. Letting your bp get high isn't good for you or baby even if you are delivered emergently. Which isn't the best for either of you also. Stay relaxed and as healthy as possible. GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 5:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• take your bp at home too...maybe you were anxious....
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:29 PM on Dec. 25, 2009