My mom kinda ruined her Chirstmas present.

Everytime she watches figure skating she says that she's always wanted to learn how to do it. So, for Christmas, I was getting her and me ice skating lessons. Mother-daughter time and she gets to do something she's always wanted to do. But I hinted at ice skating today and she said she's too old to do it now. My mom is in great shape and I don't think she's too old.

I'm thinking about giving them to her anyway..If nothing else, we'll go once and if she doesn't like them than I won't be upset since she tried. What do you think?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that is a great present...you should do what you say and atleast go once !

Merry christmas
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thanks! They don't start the "school" until January so I can't get tickets or sign up or anything..So I got her an ice skating Santa ortament and a card. On the card I'm going to wrtie "I don't care how old you are, we're going ice skating" Lol...

SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I say do it anyhow, my grams always said she had wanted to take flying lessons as a young girl but her mother wouldnt let her. she would talk about it often and say she was too old now to follow her dream.

My mom and i went one year and paid for a lesson and grams loved it, it was so thrilling for her and she never stopped talking about it. Your mom may protest now but i bet anything once she is near that ice she will be so happy and feel very young again.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sara, go for it! I think it is a very sweet idea!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Never too old to try new things! My grandmother decided she wanted to go skydiving for her 80th birthday a few years ago and she had a blast and wants to go again!
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 5:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Go for it! Either way, you can give her a chance at it and you can still say you tried too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Give it to her.
    A little nudge may motivate and excite her.
    Her lips may say 'nay,' but her heart says, 'yay!'

You are a wonderful daughter for treating your mom so lovingly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Great idea. Even if she stays the whole time holding onto the side wall, you and she will be together having a laugh and she'll finally have a taste of skating and know once and for all if it is her bag or not. Great gift. Well done. xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Do it. I'd bet she'll change her mind once presented with the actual opportunity to do so. Heck, it'll probably make her feel young again.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think it was a thoughtful gift and once she gets it and gets there she will really enjoy it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2009