Does anyone really put their tree up on Xmas eve?

how long do you leave it up for then?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 3:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I put mine u the day after my daughters birthday party sice her bday is on the 9th n we want xmas n her bday to be TOTALLY seperate. I knew an elderly couple who did that though. I think its cool, but i dont haeve the patience.....lol
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 3:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I put mine up the week of Thanksgiving.. It's a fake Tree btw !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• In some cultures, specifically 1800 America, it was a common idea that Santa Claus brought the Christmas tree and the presents after the children went to sleep on Christmas Eve. The tree stayed up till Twelfth Night, (January 6th.) To take it down before or leave it up longer was considered bad luck and bad taste both!

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• shortyclmb - I think what you do is great. I would do the same thing.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• this year were putting our tree up on Christmas eve.
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 7:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• We celebrate Yule instead of Christmas, (which was Monday) We have a small Norfolk Island Pine that we decorated on Saturday. I took the stuff down yesterday. So for us the holidays are over, although we do have to take the boys to my MIL's. Hopefully we can avoid staying for dinner, every time we go over there for long I end up with vomiting migraines from my FIL's smoking.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• People out here where a little rediculous. I took my kids trick or treating and this guy had the tree up! Seriously my neighbor also but hers up before thanksgiving. The latest I've seen was my parents. They do it about the 20th and leave it up until january 4th or so....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• my mom is putting our tree up on Christmas eve. she doesn't like the cats to rip it down and my 15 month old son, lol. she will only keep it up for a few days.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 9:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• we did, growing up. it was a tradition that my dad brought into their marriage. we thought it was great - got up xmas eve morning, went and cut down a tree, spent the day decorating and making cookies. loved it! now, with two little ones we just put it up whenever we get a free hour LOL
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 10:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Growning up, the people across the street from us did this. They told their kids Santa brings the tree. Then leave it up til New Years. To each their own I guess.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009