How to get kids to eat there veddgies

i can not for the life of me get my girls to eat there veggies like green beans, carrots, anything my oldest only wants the cheeses on salads the youngest just wont touch it please help the only way i can make shore they get all the good stuff is from ravioli or spaghetti than has the daly dose of veggies any suggestions

mommy2006tolife

Asked by mommy2006tolife at 3:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• grate/ puree the veggies and put it in the spaghetti sauce and other dishes, my kids always loved the cheese sauce so it worked well for us, on come things like carrots we also allow a tiny bit of cinnamon or honey.

I have done the puree on pizza too. You can also get kids cook books and let the kids cook they can make celery with PB and raisins (bugs on a log) and there are many other fun creative things they can make. children are much more willing to eat something that looks fun and that they made. Even if you have to make their daily serving of veggies at lunch you have still won the battle.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• *some* not come sorry using hubbys gaming keyboard and it sucks for typing lol
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Use fresh baby carrots and celery and serve with ranch dressing. Worked every time when my kids wouldn't eat their veggies. Luckily they love them now. You can also "hide" finely sliced or shredded veggies in things like spaghetti sauce, chili, lasange and casseroles.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My Grandson won't eat anything! So I took some carrots and peaches and pureed them and made popcicles out of them. He really liked them.
    Dolittle58

Answer by Dolittle58 at 7:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 10:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Will they eat fruit? If so, let them eat fruit! Keep giving them opportunities to eat vegetables, but don't stress out about it too much. The power struggle over food is always more destructive than the original food issue itself.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I used to make food fun. Brocolli was baby trees and sweet potatoes tasted like pumkin pie. My kids were never picky eaters. My youngest has never liked potatoes (mashed, fried, chips, etc.) and I have never pushed them on him.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I cook carrots until they're really soft and then I stick them in my sons grilled cheese. He doesn't even notice.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• One thing I would do when my older 2 were little was buy the pureed baby veggies (or mash up my own veggies) and mix them into foods - in other words 'hide' them. Like--adding pureed carrots to spaghetti sauce or mac & cheese, putting apple sauce into hot oatmeal (my kids LOVED that!!!). My niece was picky about eating veggies, so my sil used to melt chez wiz (aka cheese sauce) and either pour it over and 'hide' the veggies or serve it on the side for 'dip'-- my niece would eat the veggies right up- and ask for more! My kids love eating raw veggies (cukes, carrots, celery, broccoli, radishes...) with dill dip, fiesta dip, ranch dressing or creamy italian dressing. You could also try things like the V8 splash juice- that has a fruit/veggie serving, the Goldfish crackers have a Garden cheese fish- that equals a veggie serviing (my youngest loves 'em).
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:11 PM on Dec. 25, 2009

• Blend banana with spinach or lettuce or some other leafy green and a little water and give as a smoothie. My son loves these. He also loves walking around chomping on a cucumber or a celery stick.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2009