Stressed out and dont know what to do

Im very stressed out and i dont knwo what to do...my son is 10 months will be 11on the 27 and latly it seems that all hewants to do is fus and cry...no matter what i do...the other night he cried for 2 hours straight and then my husband yelled at me to shut him up...and i know hes very stressed and frustrated cause he cant get any time off from work and he needs it...what do i do...i know my mom (who lives 10 hours away from me) will be down for the fourth of july and taking the little guy back home with her for a couple weeks and maybe that will help but in the mean time what do i do...sometimes i just want to hit him BUT I DONT cause its not right and just makes things worse...any advise...

MamaT14

Asked by MamaT14 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What have you tried? Singing, talking, rocking, walking while holding him, bouncing him gently, going into another room with him, bring toys to him, put on soothing music, going outside with him...all of this could help. That is, ofcourse, assuming you've checked to make sure he's not hungry or has a dirty diaper.

Sometimes babies just need to cry/scream. But mostly there's a reason for it. It's not fair for your husband to yell at you about it. It's not your fault! The best you can do is try to find something to calm him with. Sometimes distraction works (which is why I suggested changing rooms or going outside).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Is he teething? Babies usually have a reason when they are crying. If nothing else works try gripe water.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You try anything and everything you could possibly think of to comfort him. Have you taken him to the doctor? That would be my #1 priority. A child doesn't just start crying for 2 hrs straight. Consider teething, an ear infection or something medical. At this age, he's not just throwing a tantrum, and if he was with proper responce it wouldn't last two hours.

If the doctor confirms that there is nothing wrong, take him outside to play, change the diaper, get some non-toxic finger paint, hose him down with water ( it's hot outside ) Buy lots of finger food, and offer snacks ( blueberry are very popular at my house )

And remember that your job as a mother is to fix whatever is wrong.

newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My youngest is 10 1/2 mos. and she is the same way. I know how you feel! I try my best to not get so stressed out because they know when you're uptight...it just makes things worse.

Have you tried taking a walk outside, swinging, riding in the car, or even solid table foods? My daughter has really grown an appetite for table foods. Her bottle isn't doing much of anything but calming her down before bed. She's eating lots of grahm crackers, marshmallows, bread, bananas, strawberries and lots of other foods that I eat. This seems to help a little. When her belly is full she is not nearly as fussy. Also, I do give her motrin or tylenol because her top teeth are coming in right now, so that doesn't help with the fussiness.

Let me know if you need someone to talk to! I'm usually on here at least once a day.

Andrea
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I should ask too, has your son shown any signs of illness? Maybe not eating as much, not going to the bathroom or something like that? It could be something you might want to see your doctor about, or just call and ask them if anything is going around.
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Dont know what to do so stressed out.? - Yahoo!7 Answers
    "Dont know what to do so stressed out.?" - Find the answer to this question and millions more on Yahoo!7 Answers.
    answers.yahoo.com.au/question/index?qid=20080426221945AAoy1e4
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008