FOR PLUS SIZE WOMEN

DID U HAVE TO HAVE A C SECTION? HOW MUCH WAS YOUR WEIGHT AT THE END OF YOUR PREGNANCY? I WANTING TO KNOW... IM PLUS SIZE ALSO IM 37 WEEKS AND IM AT 245

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• all my pregnancys i was like 200 in the beginnning but i gain so much water weight an crap i end up 315 at the end im due in feb with my 3rd an already weigh 318 but dont look it i think its all in my boobs anwater weight not sure lol but usually after birth an weeks later i end up back down to 2sumthn but hoping this time around if i breast feed an excercise i canget donw to like 180 im gonna try so all depends also how u carry ur baby i carry low! becausei am short!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I just had my 4th child and have never had a c-section. At my highest weight I was 215. I only gained 6 pounds with this last pregnancy. I was 196.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was about 200 when I gave birth and had a 5 hour labor and vaginal delivery
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was 215 lbs when I had my daughter and I had her naturally. I was 245 lbs when I had my son and I had a C-section. They thought he was going to be bigger than she was, since she was 9lbs 11 ozs. My weight had nothing to do with having the C-section but I am glad that I did since my son ended up having health issues that were unexpected.

Good luck and congratulations.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 9:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i weighed 220 when i had my son, natural.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• just read up on ways to avoid c-section, like staying mobile, different positions, etc. i wouldn't think that just being plus size should = c-section AT ALL. i was 205 when my son was born naturally. now i am 13 weeks pregnant and i weight 210. i hope not to gain much but i will probably be more than 225 when this baby is born and i am fully expecting a vaginal, natural delivery. just if anyone is delivering at a hospital they have to do research to avoid interventions than can lead to c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was 225 when I got pregnant with baby #2 (214 when I had her) and I did not have a c-section, nor was it every suggested.

My best friend is a much bigger girl (5' 3" and 328 pounds) and she weighed more than 350 when she had her son vaginally.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was 184 and now I am 220. I am also 5'8 so I am not short, so I carry it alittle better than the shorter girlies. I am 38w 4d. I've put on alot of weight the past 2 months. I am carrying all in the stomach though, I haven't really gained too much anywhere else.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• i was 237 before my pregnancy im 290 now. And i'm having a vaginal birth (hopefully on monday!)
    Anonymous

• As you can see...many women deliver babies at over 200 pounds! Good luck either way. I had two kids, one was a c-section and it was okay. If you do wind up with a c-section, please keep it in persopective. I don't think your weight will be the deciding factor, but if you have other health issue like blood pressure, etc. those could influence the decision. You can recover, a healthy baby is the goal!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2009