dose it mean it is time??

my son is almost 14 months and he has been taking off his diaper and peeing on the ground I just cant seem to leave a diaper on him so I started to put pants on him to see if that will help and he some how managed to take those off too so I heard that when they start to do that it is time to potty train him what do you guys think because i am a 1st time mom and I have no idea what to do in this area please help
thank you

chrystal389

Asked by chrystal389 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• some people may say he's too young, but others say he's almost at the prime age. kind of depends on his bladder control and communication. there's a good group on here about potty training to get some advice and see what's worked (they like the 3 day method, which may work for you). or, of course, it could be he just likes doing it and the attention he gets. but there's no harm in trying to capitalize on the situation if he's willing.
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 7:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I say try it, if he keeps up doing it great! If not he's just not ready and being a boy.I have 5 kids and atleast 2 of them did that, just because they could. Boy wouldn't that be awsome if he sticks with it! Happy Holidays.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yes that would be awesome lol hopefully it works i guess it wont hurt to try because my step dad said he had both of his kids traind by 1 1/2 so hopefully he will be just as easy
    chrystal389

Answer by chrystal389 at 8:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Look up some information on Elimination Communication. I have never done it but I know people who swear by it. :-) Get him a potty that is portable and watch him. When he takes his diaper off, sit him on the potty. You never know he might start just taking his diaper off and sitting on the potty himself. :-)
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• try it, if he goes with it and enjoys it, sweet! If you try it and he doesn't want to use the potty, try again later.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Definitely don't make it a pressured situation, though, if you do decide to try! This is young.....and you don't want to confuse the child or set up a power struggle. I have two kids, a boy and a girl, who are now 20 and 12....they weren't trained before 3! Good luck!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009