Is it alright to have sex during menstruation?

If you both seldom meet and unfortunately it happened that you have your period that day.Hubby has to leave again for work in two days time.Certainly you both needed it. Health wise, is it harmful to us women?

Badott

Asked by Badott at 7:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Health

• No it's not harmful at all. It's perfectly fine, but I'd make sure it was dark while we were doing it... because it's going to look weird when you guys are all done.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• we did it all the time...and usually i would never even bleed that bad...for some reason i used to believe you couldnt get pregnant while on your period and thats not true...you can. So if you are trying to avoid it..use protection
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's perfectly fine. In fact, it can be more comfortable because of all the extra lubrication. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Personally, I don't even get remotley turned on while on my period ,nor do I want to be touched, the thought of it makes me cringe. It's gross and you can smell the blood. Really sexy. I'd just wait a few more days personally. No one ever died from lack of sex. But it doesn't hurt you or anything. Have fun cleaning up the crime scene!lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's fine to have sex on your period. If your DH doesn't care then go for it! Maybe put a towel down or something...lol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• if thats your thing it's fine. Personally I'm turned off cause it hurts and smells.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Its fine...maybe try it in the shower or something!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Definitely in the shower. I always have better orgasms when I'm on mine. :)
    mrsbrown1

Answer by mrsbrown1 at 10:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• If he doesn't mind, go for it. Just lay down a towel, that's we do. And yes, it does provide plenty of lubrication.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2009