For the ladies that are getting child support give one good reason that will make u stop it.

U

officerdouglas

Asked by officerdouglas at 8:49 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• one good reason...when he is dead or when my son is 18
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• mines court ordered but i havent seen any in about 6 months...why would i not want him to pay?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Mine is court ordered also, but he hasn't paid in over a year. We go to court in February. There isn't a reason I will stop it until the kids reach 18 (and I would stretch it to 21 if NC would allow it - I'm sure he won't voluntarily pitch in for college!) - why should I have to pay for 100% of their expenses? They are his kids too!

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• If it's court ordered you can't stop it. I would think all real child support would be court ordered. Support is calculated and the amount is not controlled by the mother or father. If the couple isn't married and the man gives the mother money when he feels like it that isn't child support.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I don't have court ordered child support and I am going to get a court order because in 7 months, all ive seen is $35. I wouldn't stop it at all...and in CT, child support stops when the child is 18 OR when he/she is out of school, this includes college !
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 9:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• the child support we give to my DH's daughter is not court ordered, but we give the same amount at the same time every month. it is still child support even though it isn't court ordered because we are regularly supporting her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2009