For some the ONLY answer is a public option....why?

I am completely sincere here when I ask WHY..is that the ONLY answer for those of you progressives/liberals? We all know there are already options of such in place and they arent so hot...medicare is going broke for one..We also know it would create a whole slew of more government red tape..raise taxes..cost us out the arse..and the government cannot even handle the control they already have with other programs..they are not effective and efficient at all...

So why not instead open up the sale of health insurance across state lines? This would give us TONS of choices instead of just the few in our states now and more choice then just a public option..wed have TONS of choice..and it would allow for alot more competition between the companies..it wouldnt do any of the negative things I listed above..

Why must the only answer be a public option and more big government control of our lives?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:04 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I prefer it because the companies out there now have proven themselves to be dirty and unscrupulous, and we basically have no recourse against them.

I don't think it's the ONLY option, but would prefer it to be in there

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• So swee expand oneof the crappy arse government programs we already have now to allow the few who cannot afford any at all to be added on..no reason to add yet another government program..it just doesnt make a lick of sense to me
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sweet are you talking about the ins companies or the gov?

I prefer it because the companies out there now have proven themselves to be dirty and unscrupulous, and we basically have no recourse against them.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• sweet*
    tnmomofive

• Health care programs aren't effective? I'm very happy with my Medicaid. I have a very expensive medical condition and I am getting all my meds including an IV med I need every 3 weeks that costs $20,000+. I can go to a hospital that has private rooms when I am hospitalized.

My grandson's Medicaid has been great so far. He is only 15 months and he has been diagnosed with the same genetic condition I have. He is going to have to see immunologists and other specialists. He will have to get his IV meds at the hospital and that will make it even more expensive.

You might think Medicaid isn't effective on some kind of grand scale but for patients with medical conditions that would devastate your family financially Medicaid is great! It picks up all the bills and you can't max out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yeah you know you want to talk about having no recourse lol ever try fighting the federal government?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• and it is going broke...and if we overload it even more then what?

I am just trying to sho some here that there are other alternative besides yet another added government program ..higher taxes...spending that which we do not have now..I mean its like some are hell bent for leather that it must be!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Medicaid is one thing... But to REQUIRE everyone to purchase insurance is horrible! And to put no cap on premiums... even worse!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• That is something else rutter forcng Americans to purchase or be fined and maybe even possibly jailed is outrageous..thats what government gives ya though

anyway ill be back in a while have to take care of a few things
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

Its so crappy what we give to our military? Why do MOST keep it and not get private?

So crappy that Medicare is bad? Try and take an plder persons Medicare away, they will cut a B@TCH! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009