What the heck do 12 year old girls like??

I know it is the 11th hour but just found out that my SD is coming for Christmas = what are 12 year olds into? I need to get her a couple of gifts!
THANKS!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 9:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• If you don't really know what she likes its time for a basic gift everyone likes. Old Navy gift cards, bath sets with something fun there is a line at Target all girls like with sassy comments on the bottles, nail polishes in funky colors, lip glosses, music is something all tweens like, most teenage girls are into New Moon and Twilight stuff ask your dh if she is then buy her that stuff you can find it at Walmart, Barnes and Nobles, Borders etc. The City of Bones book series is really good for that age group especially if she did like Twilight. The AP is right. I think craft sets are more for 8-10 year olds. Every kids different.
    Anonymous

• Look, this may sound unlikely but EVERY child I've given it too has loved it. Plus it's cheap! PLASTICINE. Really. It's fabulous stuff. The added extra is it doesn't dry out and is easy to mould. Trust me. Get her some. Plasticine and a small bottle of perfume or body spray and you're sorted. xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 9:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Craft kits like to make friendship bracelets or other things, bendaroos, fingernail polish, scrapbook kit, digital camera. It really depends what she likes to do. If she likes to cook, you two could make a nice Christmas breakfast together for everyone. You could get a gift certificate and then you can take her out to get clothes or whatever else the next day and you two can pick stuff out together. I would think if she isn't with you guys all of the time, she'd look back and appreciate the gifts that go along with memories. Good luck! ;) Have a Merry Christmas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• they like boys....i would maybe get her a journal or a diary or something and some really nice gel pens...i loved writting with those when i was that age!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I tunes gift card....gift cards to her favorite clothing store, if you know what that is.....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 12:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think you need to get to know her more before you buy her anything. Dont get mad! Not every 12 year old is into the same. I am 26 now and at 12 i didnt like crafts or any of that stuff. I liked watching tv, playing video games, going to the mall, shopping. To be safe buy her a card and give her a gift card to her favorite clothing store. Or just ask her when she gets there what she would like and its your treat but give her a budget. Maybe she likes painting her nails. take her to get a mani, pedi with you for the day. Maybe she doesnt have a ipod so then no Itunes.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 3:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Bonne Bell lipsmackers, chapstick sets, shampoo gift sets, earrings, body lotion and hand lotion, dvd's, nail polish gift sets, bubble bath or body soap, books (if you know what she likes to read)
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2009