When do you know if you are starting Menopause?

I am not sure about this. However, some changes have occurred and since my mom isnt here to ask, RIP she is, I was curious if any of the other mom's who have gone thru this may know. I'd appreciate it. Since there isnt a test to see if you are starting it and etc. Plus any help for thing that will come up in the next months and years(?)
Thank you
Have great day!:)
Merry Christmas

CloudWeaver

Asked by CloudWeaver at 9:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Health

• for the most part, they aren't 'diagnosed' until your symptoms have shown their faces for a year.

http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/menopause-symptoms-types
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• mainly, a year after your last period...other than that, it gets a little sketchy, as everyone is different, and doesn't always fit into the 'average' ranges.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You can go through Peri-menopause for years before even entering menopause. During peri-menopause is when all the symptoms hit you. Like the ladies above said, you are not in menopause until periods have stopped for over a year.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Oic I have been in Peri-menopause for ten years already! Thanks for helping me and the links! Merry Christmas!
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 12:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2009