Can toddlers be depressed?

My 20 month old used to always be happy and never fussed but now he is always fussing about something. We have been through a lot of changes so I understand stress. But we have been stable for a couple of weeks now. The thing is he gets less personal attention now bc of my new job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like just the changes are what is making him like that, just give him time and maybe start something that you and he can do just the two of you at bed time ect.
    jgal29

Answer by jgal29 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• He's probably just adjusting to the changes. Also he could be getting his two year molars which are painful and cause fussiness.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree that he's having a hard time adjusting to the changes. He's confused and trying to adjust

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2009