Will you have family drama this year?

I have a feeling that we are :( Although my brother lives fairly close, we don't see them often. We had a family get together last Sunday at my parents with one of my Moms sisters that came in from out of town. We didn't invite my brother and his family. I have a feeling he heard from another uncle that we had gotten together. Now, I don't know if he will come to my parents on Christmas day. UGH I hate drama. My stomach is already hurting.

Anyway...who else is expecting drama this holiday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• yes, It really sucks doesn't it!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Yup. My sister usually starts something every year. I just dont know what it is going to be over this year. Last year she had a fit because my mom gave us both $200 for Christmas and then sis had a fit over the fact that my mom gave $50 to my husband. She said that it wasn't even and fair because that means all together I got $250 and she only got $200. I'm hoping this year goes smoothly but I dont think it will.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• No. We put the drama on the back burner for holidays and just plow through with laughing and good cheer. The resentments and other problems are put aside for a few hours.

Answer by Bmat at 10:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• NOPE;;;

MY AUNT PUTS A SIGN ON THE DOOR, LEAVE THE DRAMA OUTSIDE WHEN YOU GET HERE.

THAT USUALLY WORKS......
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Then we eat, drink, and open presents.

The end. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'm really hoping not. There are some issues we are having with hubby's parents... but I'm hoping they aren't going to come out this weekend...
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'm not sure if there will be drama, but Christmas day is going to be very awkward. My mom and I had a huge fight last Saturday basically because she was being very rude & disrespectful to me in my own house. I haven't spoken to her all week, and apparently she's not speaking to my dad much either. Originally, they were supposed to come over Friday morning for breakfast and presents before my husband, son, & I left to see my grandparents. Out of spite my mom decided to throw a kink in everyone's plans and has finally decided that's not what she wants to do. Now they're just coming by Friday morning to drop off my son's presents. I'm guessing she returned mine & my husband's gifts. My mom has a bad habit of not keeping her mouth shut and saying things that are very hurtful so who knows what's going to happen at my house Friday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My dad and grandmother sometimes fight, but since we have our Xmas celebration at our house, it's easier for me to shut them down. I tell them there's no fighting in my home and if they want to fight, they can go out in the cold. I know it sounds mean, but it makes them stop. Five years ago, I had major family drama when my I announced my second pregnancy and my sister locked herself in my son's room for two hours, crying because her husband had left her (in June). I learned that year not to put up with any of that drama crap in my home!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Ours already started. Never fails. My sister's son (almost 6 years old) choked and beat on my brother's son (3 years old). Somehow that evolved into it was my fault bc I have too many kids and shouldn't come. That is my sister saying that of course. My kids were all seated and behaving well at the table when the whole thing occurred, but their presence is enough. GRRRR! I can't stand her sometimes. She called and yelled at my GRANDMOTHER! Who yells at their GRANDMOTHER? She says she isn't coming to dinner at my Aunt's house on Christmas though, so maybe it will be peaceful.

We are just trying to focus on Jesus's birthday and happy things. Hatefulness is something that the owner of should be ashamed of, especially this time of year.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I don't know why there is always one person in a family that ruins it for everyone. This year has been nothing but drama in our family. Grandma's fighting with two of her daughters. One of her daughters is starting drama with her other three kids. This craps been going on since Easter. I mean get over it. Then my cousin is a troll and always has to start something. This year I've been really sick and am just staying home and telling people to stop by and visit us.
    Anonymous