How to adopt a Domestic newborn baby as fast as possible

I found this on ehow.com. It makes me feel angry about all that balogna about it being in the best interest of children. It's about purchasing the right to parent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Adoption

• Unfortunately, there are plenty of articles about adopting quickly, but not nearly enough that address how to adopt ethically. In fact, I may write an article on adopting ethically for ehow since that seems to be a neglected topic. I agree with DB that I dislike the title of the article. I think it is far more important for paps to take their time and pay attention to ethical issues rather than making an adoption happen quickly. I do not believe that trying to rush into an adoption is a wise idea.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• The link didn't show up. Can you post it again?
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:53 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I read that article and didn't find anything about adoption being in the best interest of the child. I also didn't find anything unethical, such as lying about how open you're willing to be, making promises you weren't willing to keep, or anything like that. Link http://www.ehow.com/how_4491340_baby-as-fast-as-possible.html

Readerlady

Answer by Readerlady at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dont see anything wrong with that article and also dont see anything about the interest of the child.

Money is not even brought up?

Are we reading the same article???

SandalsKitty

Answer by SandalsKitty at 12:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I looked at the link, and I didn't see anything that looked wrong to me. It was mainly about having your homestudy ready, choosing a facilitator, and being able to be contacted quickly. I don't have a problem with domestic infant adoption as long as the emom is not pressured, coerced, or lied to. Maybe that is why I didn't see a problem with the article.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Although there's nothing inherently wrong with the content of the article, I have to admit that the title of the article gave me negative vibes. The more I read, I was wishing that it was more than "logistics" to adopting, (but it's e-HOW, not e-WHY) The lack of info about counseling, loss, reputable agencies, possible failed placements, etc. was a little disheartening. While it's meant to be a great "How-to-guide" for PAP's & will help ease some "bumps" out along the way for THEM, (i.e. updated home studies, etc.) I can see how "cold and unfeeling" it sounds to a woman who placed or thought about placing a child for adoption. I, too, believe the DIA can be ethical & you want to do as much research as possible, but the article is definitely geared toward "getting what you want FAST" and doesn't refer to "where that baby might come from."

I'm grateful for the long process we endured. It made me appreciate motherhood more.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Greetings, OP, and all the other fine ladies. I briefly skimmed over the article, and as a First Mother, I took NO offense to it in any form. This is a web-site designed to instruct on the 'HOWS" to do things, and in this instance, it just happens to be an inquiry into adopting as quickly as one can. OP, I am sorry you fouind this un-settling, for I am sure it 'hit" you in a tender way. This happens to the best of us, especially this time of year. May your holidays be filled with Hope, Peace, and all the Joy your heart can hold, Blessings, and Serenity, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Good points, DBF and SR. It might have been good if there had been a link to another article addressing the things you mentioned.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• I dont really see any problem with the article and I found it especially suited for the location that it was posted. Those "E-How" articles do not go very deep. I dont see where anything was said that is was in the child's best interest.

I think it would be nice to have someone write an article about ethical adoption but I think the definition of ethical will vary greatly depending on experiences and perspective. .
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 11:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• SR-I think you should write an article on ethical adoption. Your experience and perspective as well as others that you know give you great credibility. You also have a non-judmental way of conveying information. Yes, ethics vary depending on experiences and perspective, so just write it from yours. Others may be encouraged to write their view points as well someday. I wonder how many people (who haven't been to this site or others like it) who may have been unaware of unethical things an agency may have done. I don't think many who did know would have followed through had they known, and may even feel guilty after the fact. Hindsight is 20/20, which is why education is so important. The more there is to "google" out there, the better.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:26 PM on Dec. 24, 2009