Abortion at 30wks...How far is too far?

Yestarday i went with my friend to an abortion clinic. She had her own personal reasons why she made her decision, and I respect the right for women to decide. However, there were a number of ladies there that had bellys sticking out. Fine its none of my business, but I asked one lady after her procedure how far along she was...18 wks. Another...24, and a third at 30wks! I was pist! I just cant understand how the law would allow this. These ladies get a shot in their stomach to thin the cerv. and then come back the next day to finish the process. At that far along why not just go through with it? Or chose adoption?

We have a right to chose, but to get an abortion that far along (and the one at 30wks said she found out at 2wks) is rediculous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you ask her why? Maybe she has underlying medical issues. The point is, you don't know the whole story. It's best not to judge.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:21 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree that this is going way too far, but I disagree with abortion all together.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• After the first 3 months it's considered illegal to get an abortion. She either lied to you, or something was wrong with her or the baby and she couldnt carry to full term.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I didn't think you could get an abortion at 7 months?
    StylishGirl

Answer by StylishGirl at 10:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• OMG, I know we can do what we want but, how can those women live with themselves knowing they just killed a human they created and being that far along. Most women have fetal movement at 20 weeks.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 10:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I knew a girl who got an abortion at 24-25 weeks. This was/is very upsetting to me.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:29 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• That is absolutely disgusting! I thought that was illegal, anyways. I think that 99% of abortions are wrong. The only circumstance where I think it is okay is if the mother's life is truly threatened. Personally, I would rather die than kill my baby at 30 weeks! I could never live with myself if I made that choice.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I want to clarify...I mean, I thought that abortions that far along were illegal. I know they aren't altogether, obviously.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Different states have different laws and there is the ever popular excuse of it being a risk to the mother's life. I will submit that there are some circumstances that warrant this, but it is a very wide spectrum and many abortion clinics consider birth a reasonable risk to the mother. It is sickening and shameful.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It IS upsetting....after getting pregnant with my second child, I saw him moving around waving his little arm stubs and leg stubs AT TEN WEEKS!!!!!!!!!! When the stonographer would tap my belly or tell me to laugh - he would go crazy moving around! It was soooo cute. It was then that I realized there really should be a shorter time limit on HOW LONG a woman should be allowed to have an abortion. I am completely and totally pro-choice, but I also believe that the answer to many "undesired" pregnancies lies with the MEN. And we should create programs for FREE or low cost VASECTOMY. It's too often - or almost always that we blame just the woman....but we forget men are serial impregnators....
    Men: You have a child you don't take care of = MANDATORY VASECTOMY! I know a woman who has become pregnant while using every single kind of birth control...= SEVEN abortions she had! The last one was with twins.... I try not to judge.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 23, 2009