Are sins something we can control?

I would say yes, we can, but what about something we have no control over like your identity? This is my logic for not considering being gay a sin. Until you have dealt with the heart and soul of a gay person, you are not qualified, regardless of what the scriptures say, to say there is control.
You can throw scriptures all you want , justify your logic by ideology, but until you have examined the gay lifestyle upclose and personal you will never have an understanding of who and why they are what they are.

Asked by older at 10:25 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I would never judge a gay person for being gay. I've heard a lot of gay people say they knew they were gay at 5 years-old. 5! I would definately say this is something you are born with. I don't believe it to be a sin. It occurs in nature. This a natural occurance. I naturally have brown hair. Is that a sin? I think the idea that people weren't with a partner that would allow them to reproduce was a really taboo idea back then which is why it is written that way in the bible. I know many of you disagree with me, but that's okay.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• yes we control our sins. I am in control of my life and even my sex drive. To say I cannot control my sex drive puts me at the same level as animals God gave superiority over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anon, didn't say we had no control over sex drive, IDENTITY!

Answer by older at 10:35 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You know anon, you automatically adressed sex when talking about homosexuals, this is what a lot of people do, forgetting the person and going straight for the sex.

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Until you have dealt with the heart and soul of a gay person, you are not qualified, regardless of what the scriptures say, to say there is control.

You have asked a question only to add it can't be answered (to your satisfaction).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anon, I have asked a question to open some eyes as to the possibility that their logic does not work on things we can't control, just like we can't control personal traits that come with us since birth.

Answer by older at 10:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I have sexual desire I can't fullfil because of my stronger love and desire for our creator, Jehovah. Sins can be controlled.

"You should put away the old personality which conforms to your former course of conduct and which is being corrupted according to his deceptive desires; but that you should be made new in the force actuating your mind, and should put on the new personality which was created according to God’s will in true righteousness and loyalty." Ephesians 4 v.22-24

I'm sorry if it distresses or frustrates you that there are some who cannot support (the act of) homosexuality even in those we love dearly.

PrivateWitness
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Anon, it doesn't frustrate me it saddens me to think that love of those dear to us cannot overcome obstacles put in forth by religion. If you only knew the despair in those who cannot support has put in these people, you would understand.

Answer by older at 10:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

But homosexuality CAN be controlled. Whether someone wants to control it or feels they should is a totally personal matter. But as a committed, solely Bible based Christian, I personally can't condone such a course (as I couldn't condone other sins either).

"For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. 5 For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God" 2 Corinthians 10 vs. 4, 5
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

This is a very humbling comment. Thank you for making it. I have overcome homosexuality, to gain a relationship and hope with the God of the Bible, so I do understand in some way. It is a constant battle but I do it to gain my life, give God his due over my own and keep the far happier more self emotionally fulfilling life I have now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2009