Are you ready to be taxed on your Pedialyte and Robitussin??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I am not ready for any new taxes, but I am sure I will be taking it up the backside since I am firmly planted in the middle class.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't open the link due to my security on the computer but we pay tax on everything in my state: food, clothes, meds, gas, phone service, electric bill, everything is taxed here..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:31 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• In this particular case, the law makes it "cheaper" to buy prescription drugs than OTC.

Medicaid patients sometimes work this system; they request prescription drugs that are paid by Medicaid, rather than treat a minor condition with over-the-counter drugs they would have to pay for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I hate when I learn stuff nowadays.....can I please be ignorant. You ever think they wonder how much they can tax us before we're all in need of PA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Midnight -- this is an ADDITIONAL tax on top of already paying sales tax, excise, etc...all the other "built ins" But do you honestly think they are going to set up a separate system to keep track of who purchase what with what means? No---it will just be an across the board increase for EVERYONE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• OTC drugs are already taxed where I am, but prescription drugs are not. If you need an OTC drug but want to get it tax free all you need to do is ask your doctor to write a script for the OTC drug. When my daughter was on medicaid I'd ask her doctor to do this because we we're both unemployed and even $5 for Motrin was hard to afford. Pharmacies will fill prescriptions for OTC drugs, when I worked as a tech we did it all the time.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

I hear ya!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Everything is already taxed in my state. Only clothing is not taxed. Our state has one of the highest state taxes too. But we have excellent schools and hospitals. It pays to tax when your state is one of the healthiest and educated in the USA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• This is a 40% ADDITIONAL tax if you pay by HSA or FSA...but like was earlier stated by someone, it will be a tax across the board. It just means higher prices for OTC products, it will become another built in tax.
    Anonymous