My dd just realized ...

that I am Santa

Tears, disappointment...

Any suggestions on how to make this easier for her?

Now I am wondering if I should've done it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How old is she?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's always sad when they find out. Explain to her that Santa is in our hearts. Have her help be Santa if she has siblings or if not have her help be Santa to peole in a nursing home or the children's hospital. That's what my mom did with me when I found out the truth and it's what I plan on doing with my boys when they find out the truth.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• shouldn't ahve done what?
    told her- answered he quesstion?
    I would elaborate and tell her that the santa she knew isn't exactly real- BUT the spirit lives in ALL of us and when we help others or give gifts that sorta IS being santa. That's pretty much what I told my kids and they were fine- they are teens now-and we still have "santa" gifts under the tree every year!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My oldest found the Santa gifts this year. he is 11 and has know but now there is no doubt. My 10 yo is still into the belief even though we have been giving him subtle hints that it is a fanciful theory not a reality. I think it is tougher on the parents because it is another sign that our cute little babies are growing up and further entering the world and going away from us.- or maybe tha's just me???
    You can always counter her revelation that if there is no belief in Santa then Santa doesn't visit, somehow I think she will quickly "believe" again hahaha.....Julie
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Hard to believe, but she is 11.
    (She has Asperger's (on the autism spectrum) and is very trusting.)

I did tell her that Santa is inside us all.
    She asked, "So when I have kids does Santa give them gifts or do I have to get them?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Shouldn't have "done" Santa.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• "You can always counter her revelation that if there is no belief in Santa then Santa doesn't visit, somehow I think she will quickly "believe" again hahaha.....Julie"

funny, thanks

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'd tell her, although, Santa, the person, isn't real the spirit of Santa lives in all of us and now it is her turn to play Santa. And then find a way she can participate.
    I figured it out when I was 8 or 9 (no tears, I probably knew a lot earlier then that since I'm a pretty logical person) and after that I got to wrap presents from Santa for my little brother. It was more fun then actually getting gifts.
    It might take her time to come to terms with it but I'd still put something under the tree from "Santa".
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:06 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I found out and was upset too. But my mom then started letting me help "play" Santa for the younger kids in our family. She would wake me up and let me help put the gifts under the tree. That took the sting out of it. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2009