How accurate is a pregnancy test the day before your missed period?

I thought I was suppose to start today, but then I realized I miscalculated and I'm suppose to start tomorrow... I took a test today and it was negative, should I rely that thats accurate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• everyone is different. it all depends how high your hormone levels are at any given time. for me personally, my first pregnancy, i found out the day of my missed period and for my second pregnancy, it was two days before my missed period. from my understanding, that is quite early...but, I had a lot of the pregnancy symptoms that soon, and they were strong and awful. flu-like. i would wait one week before you test again so you don't waste your money on tests. Good luck! Hope you get what you want.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• False negatives happen but there's no such thing as a false positive (as long as directions are followed).

Most women get their BFP's around that time but I've heard of women who don't get BFP's till several weeks into a pregnancy. If you still don't get your period and still get negative HPT's, then go to the doctor for a blood test.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dont trust them til like a week AFTER my missed period! I have incredibly reliable periods and with baby's #1 and 2 I started testing the day after my missed period and tested every other day and didnt test positive til 8 days late with #1 and 12 days late with #2
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• In my first pregnancy I hometested positive when I suddenly realized I could exercise in the gym cuz i was just physically tired, that was most unusual for me to be that tired and I never did get that period.. My second pregnancy I tested home positive several days before my period was due, I never did get that period. For my third pregnancy I got a changed period on time of light bleeding my first day only and no bleeding past that. That's what told me I was most likely pregnant the third time and a home test confirmed that.

Test in morning on a bladder full of overnite pee gives stronger chance of a positive than later in the day. So you might be pregnant but just have a changed lighter period tomorrow like I did with my third pregnancy. Or your nerves or pregnancy could set further away start up or not at all due to being pregnant of your period. Keeping your hands busy helps mind be busy do that and test abt week.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• OP: ok that was what I was thinking too.... I'lm considering getting a bloodtest mext week, just because I miscarried last year adn Ithink I may have a thyroid imbalance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I think it's first response that says you can test up to 5 days BEFORE your missed period. I tested the day before my period and it was positive (I was going to the beach for a weekend with my gfs and knew alcohol would be involved - wanted to make sure before I drank anything. And I'm glad I did!) I'm now 10 weeks pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 11:48 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• This is my 3rd pregnancy and I got a positive 7 days before my period was due.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2009