FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES

My ex has not seen the kids since july, should I have invited him to their programs and stuff and have the kids get him gift, or should I just forget about him, the kids don't even mention him anymore, it is not my job to chase him around saying take you kids, take kids----or is it!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Forget him, especially if he's not making any effort. Its not your responsibility to make him a father.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I did that, eventually they go away.

It is not your job to chase their father, if he wants to be there he will.

Don't bring hurt and problems into your childrens life when you don't have too.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You can lead a horse to water.....
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• The hugest mistake I made with my daughter is allowing her biological father come into her life all of a sudden when she was 10. Within the first few years of her life he came in and out, depending on the girl he was trying to impress....but it was when she was old enough to experience true rejection that it really messed her up. (She became suicidal and problematic behaviors in school)

Don't chase after him. He isn't interested. If you pull him into the responsibility - he will only be half-hearted about it. It won't change....he can't force his own self to be interested either...

You WILL only HURT your children if you chase him....and you will hurt yourself too.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Programs and such...no.

I do think a gift or card with a pic of them would be nice at Christmastime. Then it can never be said you wouldnt allow them to do anything then...kwim? Oh and I mean mail it, dont hunt him down to give it to him or anything.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2009