Fake Nail Issues HELP PLEASE

So I have been getting fake nails since October. My skin always was red the night after getting them and itchy. It would soon go away and I applied an antiitch cream to fingers. THIS TIME around I got nails done and they itched the day after getting them BUT now the skin under my thumbs at corner where the tip touches skin has open sores and they hurt! I KNOW I SHOULD OF STOPPED GETTING THEM THE FIRST TIME AFTER THE ITCHING! Anyways.....I can't take them off cause the acetone will hurt the open sores....I'm applying a antibiotic cream under thumbs were sores are. HELP they hurt and the skin around all fingers are slightly red and really dry. WHAT DO I DO besides never get them again??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yikes- other than taking them off and finding a person who knows what the hell they are doing to do them for you next time (IF you ever decide to get them again) I have no idea. I would say jsut keep up with the cream.
    It sounds like they used too much monomer- it should NEVER touch your skin
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:10 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• well first tell me what kind you got if u only got acrylic? u got gel? glass? yes they have glass nails. sweetie u need to go to another place. asfar as anything your skin shouldnt ever be sore by getting ur nailsdone.
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 11:27 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Sounds like where you go isnt too sanitary? Either change salons or give up on the fake nails...are you alergic to a product they use? Good luck with this hun!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Gel nails is what i got bytheway
    I will go somewhere else for CERTAIN but what do I do till that time???take em off??how with open sores??? stick it out with anitibiotic cream OUCH
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You may have an allergy to the acrylic? Try Gel or Silk. Try to keep your hands dry, and GO SOME PLACE ELSE to get them done... You may wrap them with something at night with the antibiotic cream, and make sure there isn't any dark, or green, or funny colors under your nails it could be a fungus..
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 3:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• There were times, basck when I used to get fake nails, that I would take them off myself. Soaking in acetone is the least abrasive way to go but you can't & I did it with out it many times.

I would use a pair of sturdy nail clippers or cuticle clippers. Look around the bottom edage of the nail near your cuticle. Use the nail clippers to wedge in between your natural nail & the fake nail. Work the clippers all the way around the bottom edge working your way upward. Many times the entire nail will come off in one piece. If not & it breaks just wedge the clippers again until you get it all off.

Also, it may hurt a little when you take them off like this but, you don't have much choice . Be prepared for your nails to look & feel thin, overly flexible & for it to look like thin layers of your nail came off with the fake nail (because they did) use nail polish remover to remove the glue. Good Luck.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• Have they changed what they use? If you have been getting them since October it would see odd you just are breaking out now, unless the technician you went to was terrible. If you need to get them off now, do like BubbaLuva said. It'll hurt...but it might be best.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:04 PM on Dec. 25, 2009