Do you think stealing from Wal-Mart is wrong?

A couple of weeks ago I was searching the Internet to see what models of PSP's they sell at Wal-Mart, for I was looking for a certain one for my DD and one of the links provided by my search was this :
http://www.43things.com/how_i_did_it/view/74209/how-to-steal-from-walmart

To me, I just cannot believe that people think that stealing is ok and even worse, justifiable. There are ppl on this forum that actually rationalize stealing. I am just curious to see what you ladies think about this. Do you think stealing form Wal-Mart is OK? Do you think stealing of any kind is ok?

My answer to this question is no. I don't think stealing of any kind is ok, no matter what the situation is. IMO, I believe that if you need to steal, you need to get a job and if you are stealing for the rush, you need to get help.

Am19v

Asked by Am19v at 11:03 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO, STEALING IS A CRIME, AND IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

You can go to Jail, and how would you feel if someone stole off of you.

That is what I tell my kids all the time.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I don't think that stealing from anywhere is in any way justifiable. I used to work at Walmart. When people steal from there, they count it as a loss and the employees get penalized for it. Most employees aren't paid enough money to survive so they tend to count on the rare bonuses that they receive. If the amount of product lost reaches a certain point, the underpaid employees don't receive the bonus. So when you steal from Walmart, you steal from the employees, thus you steal from their children. Without bonuses, most Walmart employees cannot afford to buy holiday/birthday presents. Stealing is wrong in general. There is nothing so important that you must steal. Actually, the only thing that I wouldn't look down on someone for stealing is food to feed their children. Even then, though, it is still wrong.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 11:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Stealing IS a crime. And it is still a crime even if nobody sees the theft. A person who condones stealing has no conscience. If they can steal,get away with it and feel no guilt, theu have a mental problem. No conscience and a psychological flaw that needs some kid of counseling or treatment. Those who steal end up in jail and the rest of their lives are a disaster. It is a pathetic situation!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thank you! My sentiments exactly. I have been debating this with my little brother (who is 23) for two weeks now. He actually thinks it is justifiable. And the worst part is, both of our parents are Police Officers! Have been for over 20years! I just don't see how it can be rationalized.
    Am19v

Answer by Am19v at 11:14 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I dont like Wal mart but stealing is a crime no matter where you steal from!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I"d laugh at someone if they got caught stealing from Wal Mart of all places! I"d be like, that's the best you can do? I mean really if you are going to risk going to jail at least go steal from Target! (just kidding folks...being funny....for the few who might not get it)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• ANY PERSON can find a way to justify their wrong or immoral behavior. There is always an excuse to do the wrong thing. The smarter the person is, the better the excuse. Stealing is WRONG, EVEN IF the theft is to take care of one's family. If one must steal to take care of his/her family, then he should find nobility in finding a proper home for his children.....or obtaining the government, church, or family assistance that he needs to get by.

I worked in the court for a while (misdemeanor) and I found that the people most commonly convicted for petit larceny, stole from Wal-Mart! If I were to steal (and I wouldn't), I would never steal from there!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• that pisses me off I work as a cashier at walmart ppl don't realize how it affects the cashiers (probably don't care either) We can be FIRED for you stealing...For some of us it's the only way of supporting our kids if you don't have the money for it then leave it alone it don't belong to you..due to stealing from certian PEOPLE and you know WHO YOU ARE we will not get a xmas bonus at walmart as cashiers this year and you should feel completly guilty and turn yourselves in if the guilt hasn't eaten you away already want some relief TURN YOURSELF IN!! I'm sorry but what most of these idiots who steal from walmart don't know there are camera's all over and a security office with cameras and you WILL GET BUSTED!! A lady the other day stole over $400 worth of groceries from our self check was busted right before she walked out the main exit of the store and taken out in handcuffs so think before you steal from walmart :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• stealing is wrong period! And to the Walmart employee I'm sorry your not getting a bonus but trust me if the people stealing don't get two sh!!s about that or the fact you'll get fired. They only care about themselves.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• NO doubt they will get caught one day and hopefully I'm the one to catch the fools I think if you don't have a job you shouldn't be in walmart you should be either in the unemployment line or at the welfare office one of the two...Oh and job seeking for hell sakes!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009