Do you let your FIL GET EVICTED?

They both didn't pay the rent in months. My FIL and BIL.

He is really old, and the BIL suppose to be sure everything is done. He didn't....

Now they need $4,000. by the 25th. Merry Christmas...

I was happy, my man was happy.... I just want to move, far, far away....

Yet, the BIL spending money on gifts??"??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I wouldnt pay it, i might be inclined to let FIL stay if he was a nice respectable man. If it were me, my FIL would be SOL...he has bad habits and there is no way in hell id let him come stay with me!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• NOT YOUR PROBLEM!!!! This will not be the final time this happens to them and I suspect it's not the first. To be their age and have this happen means they have never fully grasped what being a responsible adult is. And since they haven't yet - they probably never will. This reminds me of my BIL....his kids don't have clothes or food in the house, but yet he always has money for tattoos. He thinks it honors his kids to tattoo their names on his body, as opposed to stocking the fridge. Much like your BIL thinks it honorable to buy presents but also allow himself to get evicted and impose on relatives to bail him out.

But in all honesty....despite feeling this way - I would probably either take them into my home or give them the money IF I had the money.... :)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Do not pay their rent. Take your FIL in to your house. But tell your BIL to go find somewhere else to live. The BIL was the one who did wrong. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I agree louise2. btw how old is really old for your fil?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:28 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• 72 not in good health at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I would. I lost my sympathy for people a long time ago. You can only help yourself, and if you choose to be stupid and not do it, then that is your own problem. I say let them suffer. You have your own stuff to take care of.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Didn't we already answer this and tell you not to pay their rent? Their rent is too high. The President's Christmas home is rented out for that much. Find them a cheaper place and help them move. Tell BIL to cut the crap and take care of this or get pops in a senior citizens assisted care home.
    Anonymous

• anoymous if you are going to be funny, read the questions and answer it correct.

It is a few months not paid. Theeeeeeee, idiot....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2009