Anyone need a cheap dinner menu to help with the budget?

I found this on the Hillbilly housewife. With so many people stuggling to pay bills and make it in this economy, I thought it would be nice to pass this info on to someone who may need it.

I’ve seen various places around the web claim that in an emergency you can feed your family for only $10 or $20 a week. While I appreciate their intentions, I have noticed that they all assume you have certain supplies already on hand. In my experience this isn’t always the case. Forty-five dollars will seem outrageously abundant to some, while it will seem minuscule to others. It is the smallest amount I was able to come up with that will provide enough supplies to an empty kitchen to feed an entire family for a week. The servings are ample and a few adjustments allow you to increase the quantities from 4 servings to 6, hopefully this may help someone.

www.hillbillyhousewife.com

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 11:13 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is a $45 Emergency Menu for 4 to 6
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:15 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• You can stretch meals with beans. For example, chickpeas go very well in tuna salad.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:39 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thanks for the site, I added it to my favs. I was just looking at some of the crock pot meals. I am always looking for new meal ideas and cheap is ALWAYS good...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thanks. :) I'm always looking for ways to stretch the food. I also tend to stick beans in everything. Cheaper than meat and a great source of protein.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I'll always be grateful to that site because it led me to all the couponing sites. Her ideas are good and she has a ton of helpful links there, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thank you tyme :) Merry Christmas
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thanks, I'll check it out!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Great site and how kind of you to share!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Thank you for the awesome link!
    Anonymous

• Everyone is welcome! I'm glad you all like it.

I love chickpeas in my tuna and beans are one of my favorites for making soups.

We mommas need to stick together :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2009