Blood clots after c-section

My doctor told me that if i have any blood clots that come out while peeing that are the size of a half dollar then i should call and come into the office. Ive had blood clots that are various sizes but not quite the size of a half dollar. The biggest was about the size of a quarter and that only happened once. they generally are the size of a penny or maybe a little bigger. Does anyone know what i can do on my own that can make this better or why this is happening. Thanks

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 11:16 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Happens even with vaginal births. Well it did me. It is just your body clearing things all out after birth. They want you to come in if it is big like that because it could mean a hemorrhage or soemthing. If they are just small like you say I wouldnt worry to much about it. There isnt really anything you can do about it. How long ago was your csection ?It should all clear up with in the 6 week period. Good luck and congrats on the baby !

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:53 AM on Dec. 26, 2009