Will reinstalling Itunes make me lose all my songs?

I had to get new hardware installed b/c my drive wasn't burning or reading music CDs. Now when I go into Itunes the music is still there but when it first opens a box says that the hardware that makes CDs is missing (possibly due to new driver being installed---which is the case) and I need to reinstall Itunes. I do not want to lose all the music I bought. And I can't make a CD to back it up since that thing isn't working on Itunes. Windows Media Player is working but the music from Itunes isn't over there. Can I move it there? Would reinstalling Itunes destroy my library?

zeppelynn

Asked by zeppelynn at 11:22 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Technology

• They're probably stored in a backup file on your computer. When you download the song it will ask you what folder to store it into. I haven't used Itunes, so I don't know if they do it that way or if they store it to the Itunes software. You have to figure that out before you reinstall it. Otherwise you could very well lose all your songs. There might be a way to back up your songs if they do store it to the software.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• your songs are stored somewhere. You need to make your itunes open the folder that the music and such is stored in. Mine is on a external hard drive and it hates to keep it stored, but as long as i check and make sure it is opening the right folder i hve no peoblems
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:50 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Just in case, I would create a new file folder for your songs and move them from the current folder into that new one.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2010