Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i think someone i know is screwing the military out of bah.we dont know how.but something is just wrong from what i have read from everyone on here.we dont think its can i find out the laws or if they are doing something illegal.(is there a web site???)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (7)
  • What is 'bah'?

    Answer by RutterMama at 11:55 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • something to do with the military....

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • Each military branch has a specific website. You could also look on .
    I don't know how much they tell you, but you can try.
    You can also talk to a military wife/girlfriend on here and see if they can help you out.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • Are you talking on post housing or off?

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • More specific please? SOME people will live off base with like a parent or something where they don't have to pay rent and still receive BAH, and I don't think this is allowed, but they CAN live in a cheap place with like 4 roommates and split the rent and reap all the extra money.

    Answer by SandraB383 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • someone we know is in the army.she hasnt lived with her husband for 2 yrs.she has never gone to any other bases with him.she has a whooping morgage.big dh doesnt know how she is doing it.he was down in texas and she stayed up here.she said they were in a mutual separation.ya thats until he can get a leave the its not a separation any more.rumor has theyare doing something not kosher we were just wondering.1 if they were 2 what it is if anything???

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

  • First of all, it would be highly difficult to screw over the military on BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing).
    Second of all, you don't know her situation. She could be receiving an annual check from a settlement or from the death of a loved one. For all you know, she may be paying alimony.

    My advice is to stay out of it and MYOB.

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.