any cookie bakers??

so I saw these adorale snowman cookies in a mag. basicly u just used refridged sugar cookie dough added a little flower put them in a ball and put them in the oven... well i did all that but the dough expanded so much that it basicly just looked like a snow ball and not a snow man. some one said to put the dough in the fridge for a few min before putting it in the oven after i form the balls i did it helped a LITTLE but not enought... how do u keep them from just all spreading together... the same thing happens if we used cookie cutters... how do u keep that from happing so much.. is my dough balls too big... leave it in fridge longer or what?? thanks in advance!!

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 11:45 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• No but I'm a notorious cookie burner! I cannot bake worth a sh!!!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I make my own dough, and the recipe says to roll the dough to about 1/8 inch before cutting the cookies out. It sounds like your dough is too fat. Try rolling or patting it out and then cutting your cookies.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Not all refrigerator dough is intended for cut or shaped cookies. I usually make my own dough that is specifically for cut cookies or buy the kind that says it is for cut-out cookies. Some have directions to add a little more flour to make the dough stiffer if you are using cookie cutters to make shaped cookies - that might work for your snowman. GL!
    Anonymous