any cookie bakers??

so I saw these adorale snowman cookies in a mag. basicly u just used refridged sugar cookie dough added a little flower put them in a ball and put them in the oven... well i did all that but the dough expanded so much that it basicly just looked like a snow ball and not a snow man. some one said to put the dough in the fridge for a few min before putting it in the oven after i form the balls i did it helped a LITTLE but not enought... how do u keep them from just all spreading together... the same thing happens if we used cookie cutters... how do u keep that from happing so much.. is my dough balls too big... leave it in fridge longer or what?? thanks in advance!!

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 11:46 AM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I would say that your dough balls are too big. Only make them about a teaspoon big, so they they don't expand too much. Also, you can try coating them with a little water before putting them in the oven. That may help keep them from expanding too much.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Your dough balls are way to big, try making them smaller in size I hope this helps! Oh something else that might be fun when you get them done, you can either make icing, or buy icing ice them, and dip them in sugar, it will look like snow=). Merry Christmas!
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 3:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• For sliced or cutout cookies, be sure you chill the dough until it's firm enough to handle (about 2 hours). If you immediately bake dough that’s supposed to be chilled, it will spread.

Anonymous

• anon 7:07 I bet that is why my snowmen look like the blob!!! I just cut out and baked. I may be able to cook, but my baking skills are horrible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2009