does anyone know a good adhd diet that doesn't use expensive items?

dee101060

Asked by dee101060 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• ADHD Diet: Natural Help for Your ADHD Child | ADD ADHD Information ...
    Here is one of the most popular eating programs for ADHD - the ADHD Diet from ... These are good sources of Omega oils, and many with ADHD are deficient in ...
    newideas.net/adhd/adhd-diet -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• All the resources I've seen say that there is no such thing as an ADHD diet. Good luck though.
    Anonymous

• Dr. Feingold has a diet for ADHD. You can join his web site for a fee of around $89.00...it is supposed to help quite a bit. There are several groups here that deal with ADHD and natural treatments. If you do a group search just put in "ADHD". It has been very helpful to me. I give my children vitamins and supplements that ...we cannot live without. If you want more info just message me.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Just do a search for foods that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids! Good Luck!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=23820&page=3
    This is a website that has recommendations of foods to and not to eat. Good Luck!
    Strssdmom72

Answer by Strssdmom72 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• You can go to feingolds site and get information and not join. Eat a low glycemic diet like sugar busters. Cut out as much processed white flour, and sugar as you can. I did this for 20 years. I held a ADHD convention once and had Feingold and Dr Crook as speakers.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 11:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Years before the gluten free diet was even hard of for Autistic children Doctors in the small town I live in (aroud 30,000 people) were using it for cildren with ADHD. I was one of them. I went from taking meds twice a day to eating every meal at home. During the school year dad just packed my lunch on days that I couldn't get a gluten free lunch at school. It was amazing. I am still using it 15 years later. On days that I do't have a choice for some reason. I can tell the difference in my body and mind. Lots of proteins fruits and veggies and you can make it good for the whole family. If your family is used to more unhealthy eating habbits it might be hard to break but it can be done. That way you don't have to make sepate meals or say " thats for you we are eating something else."

katie0610

Answer by katie0610 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2008

• I have recently taken my son off of adhd meds due to the bad side effects and mood swings. I give him fish oil every day and multi vit. with zinc and magnesium. I have tried to eliminate all processed foods artificial food colorings and preservatives from his diet. I read every label. There is usually a natural preserv.free or organic alter. to most foods he likes to eat. I can tell a diff. in his behavior when he has a "bad diet" day he is hyper and whinny. This is working well so far.
    Sharon0422

Answer by Sharon0422 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2008

• I like the feingold diet because I can get ordinary foods from BJ's or the grocery store. I do prefer to get as much organic as I can, but it's not always possible. Also I need to know what foods I can get my kid at the gas station, a party, vending machine etc... Not that there is a huge variety in a vending machine, but there is some.
    Many of the fg mom's use wic to feed their families. If they can do it anyone can.
    There are alot of reasons why I like feingold. If you haven't seen it I wrote about it in my journal.

good luck on your journey!!!
    Shirlgirlie

Answer by Shirlgirlie at 7:15 PM on Aug. 15, 2008