Sex while pregnant..........

Ok so my husband doesn't want to have sex at ALL because he is "scared" he'll hurt the baby and he says he feels "weird" knowing the baby is in my stomach. He says he just sees the big belly, and knowing the baby is there and feels weird. We've MAYBE had sex 5 times in the past 38 weeks. He had told me he can't wait until I am not pregnant anymore so we can start having sex again. Should I feel worried offended, or weird about this? Is this common.....are there any other women out there whos boyfriends or husbands are so wierded out by your pregnancy that they don't want to have sex?? I hope I am not the only one dealing with this.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No idea.... My husband was ALL about it! He said I looked sexier being pregnant and he couldn't wait to get his hands on me. :) I've heard guys that are like that though. I'm sorry your going through this hon!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It is so normal, but my husband wasnt like that. i wish he was ;) You can have you doctor tell him that he isnt going to hurt the baby and its safe, as long as your doctor says it safe. maybe that will make him feel better. But its normal!! :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My boyfriend wanted to have sex, but it always ended up awkward because he would mention poking the baby or something...every time...it was annoying but I had no sex drive while i was pregnant anyways so it worked out well :)
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I was like that for me towards the end aroud 32 weeks cause he thought he would hurt the baby. Its normal though.
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• It's normal for men, who are usually ignorant about how it all works. Buy him a book, take him to your doctor.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 12:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I've read that it's a normal reaction, but my dh wasn't worried about it which is a good thing because my sex drive actually went UP during pregnancy! (at least until close to the end anyway)

Answer by missanc at 12:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• My husband wants to have sex with me pregnant or not, with my first daughter we had sex all the time, this time around not as much because I'm not "in the mood" as much, but when I am hes all up for it, and hes so sweet about making it comfy for me, and asks if I'm ok during, and after. I'm 33 wks so not much longer and sex can get back to normal for us like it use to be, but feeling weird, or him saying anything about poking the baby hes never done that lol.. He knows its ok to have sex as long as I'm comfy and its not painful. You're almost there so hang in there, and things will be back to the norm somewhat:).
    Anonymous

• my fiance is the same exact way and it's extremely frustrating.... the doctor even explained that it is ok to have sex, but he just isn't okay with it. For woman sex is bonding- reafffirmations of love... sux when you feel that you don't have that connection anymore.
    My only advice is to try to find other ways both of you can express your love to each other- especially over the holiday season... Cuddling, massage, etc. might help.
    At least you're on the home stretch and it won't be an issue much longer :) Good luck!
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 11:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2009

• im 34 weeks pregnant and the whole time ive been pregnent me and my husband may have had sex 5 times if that so i know how you feel i finally talked to him and he says its just weird for him cause he know theres a baby in there and i can understand that in a way so maybe ur boyfriend is going through the same thing so i would recommend u just talking to him and if says the same thing then u go from there but just to let u know even if that is his reason it doesnt help u at all because even though my husband told me that i still feel unattractive and fat and not wanted anymore so u just have to make the best out of it and make yourself feel good like buying a new shirt or getting nails done its not the same but it will help
    dallas102

Answer by dallas102 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2009