Is she old enough?

I bought my daughter a great little pink tea set a couple years ago, but she has ever played with it because it is glass. I think she may be old enough for it now as she is 4 and very mature fo rher age. She si almost like a 5 or 6 year old at times. Thing is, my younger daughter is still 2 1/2 and acts a little older than her age as well.
But are they too young for the tea set to play with at this time?

Should we stick with a plastic set?

I was thinking if we gave it to them they would have to put it away in a special place nightly or give it to me to watch so there are no accidents.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 12:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is 4 and has had a glass tea set for about a year. Most of it has been broken because her 1 year old brother has found it laying around and throws the pieces, but you would probably be ok to have them use it.
    KadenTaeasmom

Answer by KadenTaeasmom at 5:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• Well start off having tea parties where they dress up and etc with the plastic tea set. Teach them to be careful since real tea sets are glass and can break. Its a good way to teach them manners and taking turns. Plus having time with Mommy.
    Hope this helps!
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 12:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2009

• I had a glass one, it didn't break until we moved :(
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2009